This six-part class series (which ran from Nov 30, 2019 through Jan 18, 2020) was an opportunity to debunk the fraudulent economists running our economy today with Lyndon LaRouche's superior economic method (a method that actually forecast the 2008 crash). Throughout the class, we engaged in an in-depth work-through of a 2006 paper he wrote, entitled “Why the Senate’s Intelligence Has Failed: Reanimating an Actual Economy” (html / pdf).
In this essay, Lyndon LaRouche launched a new project of education and economics: his "Basement" project, to establish new scientific leadership which could orient society towards an understanding of physical economy. LaRouche demonstrates the fallacy of approaching economics (and history) with a purely statistical approach, using Kepler’s treatment of the planetary orbits to convey the necessary, dynamic approach to economics:
“The study of the implications of Kepler’s principal discoveries … is the best historically-grounded approach to prompting the student’s ability to locate science in discovery of the experimental form of expression of universal physical principles per se, thus freeing the student from the dumbing-down effects of today’s common ontological malpractice…”
Today, the need for this educated citizen-leadership is greater than ever!
1. Overview: Why Are Economists Such Failures? (Megan Beets and Jason Ross, Nov 30)
2. Whaddaya Know? Kepler and the Limits of Mathematics (Jason Ross, Dec 14)
3. Forecasting the Future: Causes Vs Trends (Jason Ross and Phil Rubinstein, Dec 21, 2pm)
4. Understanding Infrastructure: Leibniz and the Infinitesimal (Rachel Brown and Phil Rubinstein, Jan 4, 2020)
5. What's an Idea Worth? The LaRouche-Riemann Method and Infrastructure (Jason Ross, Jan 11)
6. Conclusion: A New Paradigm for Our Economic and Historical Orbit (Jason Ross and Phil Rubinstein, Jan 18)
Although the class series is over, you may register your interest in the topic below. And you can go to the classes and syllabus here.